This post is also available in: Italian
The Sony Xperia keyboard is definitely one of the best stock keyboards developed by Android manufacturers. It is good-looking, very responsive and it has very interesting features.
Thanks to the porting by macblaze from XDA-Developers, you can now install the latest version from Xperia Z3 / Z5 (v. 6.7.A.0.10) on any Kitkat, Lollipop and Marshmallow Android device. It does not require root permissions, as it can be installed as a simple apk!
The keyboard looks really nice and clean, as all Sony apps; someone can argue that it lacks a little bit of originality. And this is fairly true; anyway, once installed, you will understand why this keyboard is so special.
Besides the basic functions, you can:
- choose three different layouts;
- Enable the Swype keyboard;
- Enable and disable additional keys, such as emoticons, dot and comma, etc ..
In order to use it, follow these simple instructions:
- Make sure to enable the installation from unknown sources in your device’s settings;
- Download and Install Sony Xperia keyboard from the badge below;
- Set Xperia keyboard as default from Settings – Language and input.
If it doesn’t work on your device, let us know, and ask on the XDA thread.