This post is also available in: Italian
A hard reset may represent an essential operation to perform on your Android device, especially if your phone has some issues (lags, random reboots, malwares etc.) or you want to sell it and therefore delete all the personal data. Moreover, a hard reset is required when you forget the password and you cannot access your device. Before performing the reset we must ensure to:
- Remove SIM card and microSD card;
- Fully charge your phone’s battery;
- Backup your data (if you have access to the phone).
Let’s see how to hard reset the Wiko Getaway:
- Turn off the phone and press and hold Power, Volume Down and Volume Up keys at the same time. Keep them pressed until the device boots up;
- You have to choose between two items: Recovery Mode and Factory Mode. Press Volume Up to enter the recovery mode, since we want to perform a reset;
- At this point, the Android System Recovery will appear; moving up and down with the volume keys, wipe data / factory reset. Confirm using the “Menu” soft key;
- Using the Volume down button, select Yes – – delete all user and confirm with the soft key “Menu”.
- As the process is complete, select “Reboot System Now”, using the Menu key.
In a few seconds the phone will boot up!
Reset to factory settings (“soft” reset)
If you want to reset the phone to factory settings (if the phone is working properly) you can :
- Go to System Settings
- Tap Privacy
- Tap Factory Reset
DISCLAIMER: Geek’s Lab will not be held responsible for any damage caused by uncorrect use of the guide.